Vacancy January 2022
We are only accepting direct applications; no agencies thank you.
Senior Project Manager
SpyBiotech (Oxford, UK) is a life sciences biotech company which was spun-out of The University of Oxford in 2017. We are backed by highly respected venture capital investors and are transforming the global vaccine landscape through our ground-breaking protein superglue technology.
Our unique technology platform has opened-up the possibility of delivering life-saving vaccines against major health challenges.
We are seeking a rounded Senior Project Manager to coordinate, track and support the delivery of translational, process/system development, and clinical objectives across the company. This role will report to the CSO and involve working with internal staff and key external collaborators to help translate our strategic plans into concrete projects and deliverables. Managing externalised relationships with CROs will comprise a significant component of the role.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Propose and implement standard operating procedures for project management within SpyBiotech. Create and manage a central PM resource.
- Communicate project information and priorities within SpyBiotech and with key collaborators
- Liaise with SpyBiotech leadership and technical experts to agree project plans and deliverables
- Monitor and drive project progress and where necessary propose appropriate changes to ensure projects are delivered within or ahead of the agreed scope, timeline, and budget.
- Ensure project risks are identified and effective mitigation actions are put in place and monitored
- Provide regular project updates to key stakeholders, tracking project budgets and alerting managers to potential problems
- Participate in project steering committee meetings where appropriate, responsible for the agenda and minutes of all meetings attended
- Lead on soliciting proposals and contract negotiations for prospective outsourcing projects and subsequent ownership of relationship to ensure delivery of workplan to time and budget
- Near-term projects include the management of external relationships with GMP manufacture and scale-up partners, and support for the introduction of a ‘right-sized’ clinical trial management quality system
- PhD preferable or Degree (BSc or equivalent) in life sciences/chemistry discipline
- Project Management Qualified (PMP / Prince 2 / APM or equivalent)
- 5+ Project / Programme Management experience, gained within pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Knowledge of GMP manufacture and/or clinical trials management and legal requirements is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative working style with the ability to build excellent working relationships.
- Good team building skills and a proven team worker
- Ability to quickly assimilate and deal with complex problems and projects
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise
- Proficient in use of MS Project and MS Excel
- High level of personal integrity and the ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Gets the job done attitude with a sense of urgency
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
- Performance-related Discretionary Bonus
- EMI Share Option Scheme eligibility
- 30 days’ holidayper year plus bank holidays
- Pension: We automatically enrol you in a generous pension scheme with Royal London and will match your contributions up to 10% of salary
- Health & wellbeing: Private Medical Insurance; Excellent Personal Life Insurance; Employee Assistance programme 24/7 discounted subscriptions to various mental and physical health products and services including a gift box on your birthday
- Community: complimentary breakfast/fresh fruit in the office regular team lunches/pizza; company bi-annual social events (Summer and Christmas)
- Family:Paid maternity, paternity, adoption, or shared parental leave, if you have been with us for at least 26 weeks
- Personal development:Learning budget for books, training courses and conferences